New Delhi, March 11 : Rajya Sabha Deputy Chairman P. J. Kurien Monday asked the government to consider including moral education in school curriculum.
Speaking on the issue of moral values after it was raised in the house by nominated member K. Parasaran after Question Hour, Kurien said he had also moved a resolution in this regard.
"The government may consider this seriously. I have myself moved a resolution, which is pending, regarding moral values to be brought into the curriculum. It was there earlier, but I wonder where it disappeared later," Kurien said.
Raising the issue, Parasaran said it is within the jurisdiction of parliament to include value-based education in school curriculum.
He said moral education classes were earlier held in schools and students were given certificates for telling good moral value stories.
"Today, it is all the more necessary that it has to be included in curriculum in schools for the reason that we have now almost liquidated the joint family system," he said.
"We have got nuclear families and due to extreme cost of living and inflation, both parents have to pursue careers. They have no time to spend with children and inculcate values in them... So the only alternative is curriculum in schools," he added. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"