Islamabad, Feb 25 : A citizen who moved a petition in the Supreme Court of Pakistan against the Lal Masjid operation has requested the one-man commission to take legal action against former President Pervez Musharraf in order to procure his attendance.
The apex court constituted the commission led by Justice Shehzado Sheikh of Federal Shariat Court (FSC) in December 2012.
The commission had repeatedly summoned Musharraf to record his statement, reports The Dawn.
Tariq Asad, the counsel for petitioner Akmal Saleemi, contended that the evidence of Musharraf and former premier Shaukat Aziz was indispensable in the case.
He said the commission may procure their attendance under laws which empowers the judge to issue warrants for the arrest of a witness or confiscate his property if he does not appear before it. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"