Kolkata, June 19 : West Bengal Chief Minister is suffering from a CPI-M phobia, the Left Front said Wednesday, accusing her of violating the model code of conduct for the panchayat elections.
"When she visited Kamduni (village), she had said there were CPI-M (Communist Party of India-Marxist) people there. But actually there was no one (from CPI-M). It seems she is having CPI-M phobia," Left Front chairman Biman Bose told the media.
Banerjee went unannounced to the North 24 Parganas district village, the residence of a second-year college student abducted, gang-raped and killed June 7.
The trip turned sour after a group of women asked her to talk to them and shouted slogans about the lack of security. The chief minister lost her cool and told the villagers to "shut up". She branded the rapists as well as the protesters "CPI-M people".
Bose, the CPI-M state secretary, said Banerjee was violating the model code of conduct by making public announcements of schemes and policies before the election.
Bose slammed the State Election Commission for failing to get central forces for the panchayat elections.
Bose asked Congress leaders to urge the central government to intervene in the dispute between the state government and the poll panel.
"Congress leaders should ask their government at the centre to assist the state government and the State Election Commission so that the election can be held peacefully," he said.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"