Kolkata, June 10 : West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee Monday urged all the regional parties to come together and form a federal front in the coming Lok Sabha election.
Appealing to all non-Congress, non-Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) regional parties to launch a united fight, Banerjee said they needed to walk together to free the country from "misrule" and "anti-people" decisions.
"Time has come for all the regional parties to come together and form a federal front in the coming Lok Sabha election.
"I appeal to all the non-Congress, non-BJP regional parties to launch a united fight to free the country from misrule and anti-people decisions, and work together to build a better and brighter India," she said in a post on her Facebook page.
"Let us stand together. Let us talk together. Let us decide a plan of action for the next Lok Sabha election," she said.
Since leaving the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance last September, Banerjee has been pitching for the all non-Congress and non-BJP parties to rally together ahead of the next general election.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"