New Delhi, Nov 22 : West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee on Thursday used social network site Facebook to accuse the Left parties and the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of failing to support the no-confidence motion moved by her Trinamool Congress party against the UPA Government.
“Today, you have seen that according to our commitment to the people of the country, AITMC Members of the Parliament have moved the no-Confidence Motion against the UPA Government on the opening day of the Session. We knew our limitation was the strength, and ultimately, that is why the Motion was rejected,” Mamata said in her Facebook post.
She added: “But we thought that other Members who are so vociferous against the FDI in Retail and other sectors, and various other anti-people decisions of the UPA Government, would join the No-Trust Move against the Government. Unfortunately, they did not come forward for the cause of the people, citing various excuses.”
“Though the Motion was rejected on the floor of the House due to numbers, but the ‘No Trust’ against the UPA Government is not rejected by the people of the country. Now, you see the saviours of the Government are exposed,” the TMC chief wrote.
Earlier in the day, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar rejected the TMC''s bid to move the no-confidence motion against the government.
Only 19 Trinamool MPs and four Biju Janata Dal (BJD) MPs supported the no-confidence motion against the government.
Any no-confidence motion needs support of at least 50 members to be admitted and moved in the Lok Sabha. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"