London, Nov. 14 : Manchester United's debt has reportedly fallen below 400 million pounds for the first time since the Glazer family took over the football club in May 2005.
The club will announce its figures for the first quarter of the financial year on Wednesday, the gross debt that stood at 436.5 million pounds in June 30, 2012, is due to have been reduced with the proceeds of July's partial flotation on the New York Stock Exchange, which raised 68 million pounds, the Telegraph reported.
The figures, which cover July, August and September of this year, will also be reflecting recently-struck sponsorship agreements with Bwin, Toshiba Medical Systems, Yanmar, Fuji TV, Santander, Shinsei Bank and MBNA, the paper reported.
However, player wages are expected to show an increase as a result of the summer acquisitions of Robin van Persie and Shinji Kagawa.
United's Florida-based owners the Glazers borrowed 515 million pounds to complete their 790 million pounds takeover of the club seven years ago and have since re-financed the debt through a bond issue and the Initial Public Offering (IPO) in New York. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"