Hyderabad, July 3 - Maoists shot dead a man, branding him a police informer, in Andhra Pradesh's Khammam district Wednesday, police said.
The incident took place in Vijaypuri Colony on Kothapalli highway in Venkatapuram mandal of Khammam district, about 300 km from here. The victim, identified only as Bhagat, was a native of neighbouring Chhattisgarh and was living in Khammam for last few months.
The Maoists blamed Bhagat for the April 16 encounter at Puvarti village of Sukma district in Chhattisgarh in which police gun down nine guerillas, all hailing from Andhra Pradesh.
A letter signed by Kiran, district secretary of the CPI-Maoist was found at the scene. According to the letter, Bhagat was acting as an informer for Crime Branch constable Sitaram.
Bhagat himself was a Maoist in the past as he worked as member of area committee of CPI-Maoist in Pamedu. He had recently surrendered. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"