New Delhi, Jan 18 - Observing that a hike in diesel prices would lead to all-round inflation, Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) chief Mayawati Friday asked the central government to rethink its decision to allow state-run oil marketing companies to revise diesel rates.
"The centre should rethink the diesel issue," Mayawati said while on a visit to the national capital. "This is not right," she told reporters.
She said the Congress should deliberate on this issue in its ongoing conclave in Rajasthan.
On raising the cap on subsidised LPG (liquefied petroleum gas) cylinders to nine, she said that the BSP demands raising the cap to one cylinder per month; that is 12 per year.
"They should have thought how it would affect the economy," she added.
Commenting on the recent rail fare hike, she said: "It is clear now that the Congress is no more with the common man, but with capitalists." (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"