Bhubaneswar, March 26 : The mercury crossed the 40-degree Celsius mark in at least four towns in Odisha Tuesday with state capital Bhubaneswar recording 41.2 degrees Celsius, the day's highest in the state, officials said.
Other towns which saw high temperatures were Baripada, the district headquarters of Mayurbhanj, the district headquarter town of Sambalpur, and Titilagarh in Bolangir district. They recorded 41.0, 40.4 and 40.2 degrees Celsius, respectively.
The state health control room said there was no report of any sunstroke death in the state.
"We have asked health officials to remain alert and report any such case," a senior official of the control room told IANS.
Roads wore a deserted look in most villages and towns during the afternoon as people preferred to stay indoors. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"