Kathmandu, May 20 : Mexican David Liaño Gonzalez Sunday became the first climber to double summit on Mount Everest, the world's tallest mountain, in the same season, the climb's organizers said.
Liaño Gonzalez reached the top of the world via both the north and south sides of Everest, Asian Trekking said.
The 33-year-old Liaño Gonzalez reached the summit of Everest Sunday via the Tibetan north side after climbing to the mountain's top May 11 from the south side in Nepal.
Mount Everest is 8,848 meters (just over 29,000 feet) tall and located in the Himalayas between China and Nepal.
"Congratulations !!! Great news," Asian Trekking said in a statement posted on its web site.
Liaño Gonzalez was accompanied by high altitude Sherpa Samden Bhote when he summited Everest from the Nepalese side and climbed with Mingma Sherpa on Sunday, Asian Trekking representatives told Efe.
The climber is a businessman and adventurer who was born in Mexico City, Asian Trekking representatives said.
On May 29, the climbing world will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the first climb to the summit of Mount Everest by Sir Edmund Hillary and Sherpa Tenzing Norgay. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"