Junagarh, Dec 6 : Terming the Congress party as a ''burden'', Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday criticised them for misleading the people by making false promises.
Addressing an election rally in Junagarh district, Modi said: "Congress party has become a burden for Gujarat. They are trying to mislead the people of Gujarat."
While trading guns at Sonia Gandhi, Modi said that Congress President and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should do their homework properly before coming to Gujarat.
"Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh) should go through the lessons properly. If Sonia Gandhi has come to Gujarat then she should do her homework," he added.
Modi on Monday unveiled the manifesto of BJP for the upcoming state assembly elections and promised to take Gujarat to new heights of development in the next five years.
The BJP''s manifesto also talks about women empowerment, e-governance, urban and rural development, IT, new energy sources, development in adivasi-dominated areas, Dalit and neglected sections, wetland development, wind energy, promotion of ayurveda medicine, among other things.
Modi, who is looking at a third consecutive term at the helm in Gujarat, is contesting from Ahmedabad''s Maninagar seat. Maninagar is a Modi stronghold and he has held this seat since 2002. In 2007, he defeated the Congress candidate by around 75,000 votes.
The Congress has fielded Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt''s wife Shweta Bhatt against Modi from Maninagar this time.
Gujarat will go to the polls in two phases on December 13 and 17. The counting of votes will take place on December 20. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"