Birbhum (West Bengal), Dec 19 : President Pranab Mukherjee will flag off the year long centenary celebration of receiving of Nobel Prize by Rabindranath Tagore at Visva Bharati University in Shanti Niketan today.
Mukherjee has arrived in Shanti Niketan in West Bengal''s Birbhum district on a two day visit yesterday.
West Bengal Governor MK Narayanan presented the first copy of the new bilingual edition of Geetanjali to the President at Visva Bharti University last evening.
Tagore was the first Indian and Asian who won the Nobel Prize for literature for his collection of verses Geetanjali in 1913. Tagore''s literature, philosophy and thought of universal culture made him an intellectual icon since 20th century.
The President will also attend a function at Shree Vidya Sagar College at Suri in Birbhum district from where he has graduated. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"