Addis Ababa, Oct 8 - The Ethiopian Parliament Monday elected Mulatu Teshome new president of the country. He replaces Girma Wolde-Giorgis who served two six-year terms.
Mulatu, who used to be the East African country's ambassador to Turkey, was elected at a joint session of the House of Peoples Representatives (HPR) and the House of Federation (HoF) to serve the next term of six years, Xinhua reported.
The 57-year-old new president, born in Arjo town, Eastern Wolega Zone of the Oromia Regional State in Ethiopia, received education in China. He holds a Ph. D.
Before being elected president, Mulatu also held government positions including that of speaker of the House of Federation, state minister of finance and economic development and minister of agriculture. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"