Yangon, Dec 28 - Myanmar's Planning Commission has approved a 10-point basic framework for economic and social reforms, official media reported Friday.
The basic framework covers finance and taxation reform, monetary sector reform, relaxation of regulations on trade and investment, undertakings for private sector development, health and education reforms, plan for food sufficiency and agricultural sectors development, plan for upgrading of mobile communication services and internet system.
It also covers infrastructural development programs and programs for emergence of effective and efficient governing system and transparency, reported Xinhua citing the New Light of Myanmar.
Speaking at the conclusion of the commission meeting Thursday in Nay Pyi Taw, President U Thein Sein said the two-day discussions, based on people-centred development approach, ranged from socio-economic, political and administrative objectives to 2013-14 fiscal year targets of national planning.
He underlined efforts in ensuring participation of all citizens in political process which is essential to put economic reform in place, stressing the need to make continued efforts to foster equal rights for each and every citizen to work as well as job opportunities, instituting economic reform, especially on rural development and poverty alleviation of rural people.
He emphasized improvement of public healthcare service, social security, access to electricity and better communication service.
He said that urbanisation projects must be implemented to ensure better living standard of the citizens. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"