Yangon, Feb 8 : Myanmar has established diplomatic ties with Armenia, official media reported Friday.
Armenia is the first country that Myanmar forged links in the new year of 2013 after Malawi, Bhutan, Luxembourg, Latvia, Estonia and Iceland in 2012, reported Xinhua.
A joint communique was signed between Myanmar's permanent representative to the UN and counterpart of Armenia in New York Jan 31.
The diplomatic establishment with Armenia has brought the total number of countries in the world with which Myanmar has such links to 111 since it regained independence in 1948.
According to the foreign ministry, Myanmar has so far set up embassies in 30 countries and two permanent missions in New York and Geneva, and four consulates-general in Hong Kong, Kunming and Nanning, and India's Kolkata, respectively.
Meanwhile, 28 countries have their embassies in Myanmar. In addition, China and India have respectively set up consulates-general in Myanmar's Mandalay, the second largest city, while Switzerland in Yangon and Bangladesh in Sittway.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"