Yangon, March 23 - Myanmar's largest Mandalay International Airport will be upgraded, a media report said Saturday.
Proposals have been invited from local companies for upgrading Mandalay International Airport, the Department of Civil Aviation was quoted as saying.
The runway of Mandalay International Airport is the longest in the region and it can handle about 3 million passengers on departure and arrival yearly, reported Xinhua.
Mandalay International Airport was opened in September 2000.
Besides the three existing international airports -- Yangon, Nay Pyi Taw and Mandalay, there are 29 regional airports in Myanmar. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"