Nelson Mandela tops Google 2013 hottest searches list
Johannesburg, Dec 18 - Former South African President Nelson Mandela has topped Google's list of the hottest searches for
Google senior vice president Amit Singhal said that global search interest in the international symbol of strength and peace was already high this year, and people from around the world have turned to Google to learn more about his legacy after his death, News24 reports.
The 13th annual Google Zeitgeist compilation mined Internet search trends through the year to spotlight people, places and events that captured the world's attention, the report added.
Google's Top 10 list of hottest searches compiled is as follows:
1. Former South African President Nelson Mandela.
2. Film celebrity Paul Walker of "The Fast and The Furious" fame, who was killed in a car crash last month.
3. Apple's iPhone 5s.
4. Glee television star Cory Monteith, who died of a fatal drug overdose in July.
5. Dance star Harlem Shake.
6. The bombing at the Boston Marathon.
7. Britain's Royal baby.
8. Samsung Galaxy S4.
9. Sony's new PlayStation 4 video game console.
10. North Korea. (ANI)