New Delhi, Dec 31 - The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) Tuesday sought a report from the Chhattisgarh government over the alleged incident of teachers beating and rusticating some government school children.
Taking suo moto cognizance of media reports, the NHRC said the teachers called the class 10 students 'Naxalites' and physically assaulted them with slippers before rusticating them for 10 days.
The incident took place in Kendriya Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya in Barsoor area of Dantewada district following a quarrel between two groups of students that infuriated the teachers, who then took the extreme step.
"The commission has observed that the contents of the press report, if true, raise serious issue of human rights violation of the students. A notice has been issued to the district magistrate of Dantewada," the NHRC said in a statement.
"We have called for a report into the allegations within three weeks," it added. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"