Guwahati, Dec 15 : One person was killed and two were injured when suspected Bodo insurgents, opposed to peace talks, fired indiscriminately at a group of people in Assam's Kokrajhar district Sunday, police said.
The attack took place at a village near Kazigaon, Inspector General of Police (Law and Order) S. N. Singh said.
"According to residents, armed militants came and started indiscriminate firing, leading to the death of one villager on the spot and injury to two other villagers," he said.
"The anti-talks faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB), led by I. K. Songbijit, has been carrying out subversive activities like abduction and extortion in all the four districts of the Bodoland Territorial Areas Districts (BTAD) and we suspect their hand behind this incident too," Singh said.
Singh said villagers recently lynched two cadres of the NDFB faction which is opposed to any peace talks, when they came to extort money from a businessman.
Militants recently abducted two troopers of the Sashastra Seema Bal from the area and police later recovered their bodies. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"