Sydney, Feb 26 : Australian Foreign Minister Bob Carr has said claims that the Swedish prosecution against Wikileaks founder Julian Assange is part of a conspiracy to have him extradited to the United States is sheer fantasy.
Carr said that Assange would be safer in Sweden than the UK, as the Swedes say that they will `never extradite someone on a matter to related to military or intelligence'
He said that `to suggest that the Swedes are after him as a CIA conspiracy to get him to Stockholm and allowing him to be bundled off to Langley, Virginia is sheer fantasy,' News. com. au reports.
For the past eight months the WikiLeaks publisher has been confined to Ecuador's London embassy.
He has been granted political asylum by Ecuador on the grounds that he is at risk of extradition to the US to face conspiracy or other charges arising from WikiLeaks obtaining thousands of secret US military and diplomatic reports leaked by US Army soldier Bradley Manning. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"