Islamabad, Dec. 3 : Pakistan premier Raja Pervez Ashraf has called on the two classmates of 15-year-old acitivst Malala Yousufzai, who were wounded in the assassination attempt on the latter.
According to sources, a special envoy from the prime minister''s office visited both Shazia and Kainat''s homes, and presented them with laptops and other gifts on behalf of Ashraf, reports The Express Tribune.
Ashraf also phoned the two girls to inquire about their health and congratulated them on their recovery and the resumption of their studies.
Earlier in November, after receiving medical care for a month at the Combined Military Hospital Peshawar, Shazia was sent back to her home.
She stated that she had fully recovered from her injuries and was thankful to the Pakistani Army and the government for providing her with optimal medical care.
"Islam gives equal opportunity to males and females to get an education, so we will continue our education.
Education is indispensable for both men and women as it gives awareness to mankind.
I will become a doctor and serve my nation," Shazia was quoted, as saying.
Earlier, Interior Minister Rehman Malik had announced that he would recommend the Sitara-e-Shujaat for Shazia and Kainat. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"