Islamabad, June 27 : The Supreme Court of Pakistan Thursday adjourned for an indefinite period the hearing in the treason case against former military ruler General (retd) Pervez Musharraf, Dawn reported on its website.
The move was taken to hold consultations over the setting up of a special court to hear the case against the former president, the report said.
The apex court rejected a plea to arrest Musharraf, citing that no formal charges against the former president had been placed before the court.
Earlier, Attorney General Munir A. Malik submitted the government's line of action in the case, which said that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had ordered the Federal Investigative Agency (FIA) to conduct an inquiry into the actions of Musharraf Nov 3, 2007, the day when he had imposed emergency in Pakistan and sacked judges. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"