Islamabad, Jan. 15 : The Supreme Court of Pakistan has ordered the arrest of Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf in the Rental Power Plants case on Monday.
The court also ordered all other respondents in the case to be arrested.
Ashraf was given the title of Raja Rental after he was accused of receiving kickbacks in the rental power projects.
He was also accused of buying property in London from money earned through corruption in various scams, reports The Express Tribune.
He has been defending himself in the Supreme Court. On March 30, the apex court had directed the National Accountability Bureau to proceed against those who were in the post of minister for water and power from 2006 till the next general elections.
As a result, on April 20, NAB issued arrest warrants for 33 persons, including Ashraf. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"