Islamabad, Nov. 30 : Taking a dig at Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has said that the problems of Pakistan cannot be miraculously resolved in 90 days.
"Problems of Pakistan cannot be miraculously resolved in 90 days as claimed by some politicians," The Express Tribune quoted Sharif, as saying.
Khan had said that PTI, once in power, he would end corruption in 19 days and terrorism in 90 days.
Sharif said that the politicians contending for upcoming general elections should talk about "realistic solutions to solve people''s problems" and termed the promises made by politicians as mere "election gimmicks".
"I get scared when I think about the problems prevailing in Pakistan at the moment - Karachi is burning, while security situation in Balochistan is on a downward spiral. When we (PML-N) come into power, we will make things happen - we have the background to prove our credibility," he said.
Sharif claimed it was only his party, the PML-N, that had the "team which was equipped mentally and practically to deal with the problems of Pakistan".
He added that the PML-N had always considered politics as "a means of serving people". (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"