New Delhi, July 18 : Human Resource Development Minister M. M. Pallam Raju Thursday hoped that appointment of a full-time director at IIT-Kharagpur would be expedited as demanded by the protesting faculty and alumni of the premier institute.
"The CVC (Central Vigilance Commission) has the report on the director and they are taking time in deciding on that. So, we are hoping that they will be able to expedite it. We are working toward ensuring that normalcy is returned," Raju told reporters here.
The faculty members and alumni of the Indian Institute of Technology-Kharagpur (IIT-KGP) participated in a hunger strike Wednesday to press for the appointment of a full-time director at the institute.
Members of the IIT-KGP Teachers Association alleged that the appointment of Partha Pratim Chakrabarti for the post of director has been stalled for over an year due to a delay by the CVC in clearing his name.
Chakrabarti has been accused of handing over a Coal India project that was meant for IIT-KGP to an outside agency. CVC is investigating the issue.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"