New Delhi, Mar 5 : Agriculture and Food Processing Minister Sharad Pawar will inaugurate the two-day ''National Conference on Agriculture For Kharif Campaign 2013'' here tomorrow to chalk out the strategy for maximising crop production during the coming Kharif season.
The conference has been programmed in a way that preparation of the strategy for the Kharif season is done with full participation of States.
One group of States, chaired by Karnataka, will discuss issues related to rainfed areas and come out with the best strategy that can be adopted for such areas. Another group of States, chaired by Haryana, will discuss the overall strategy for the kharif season, with focus on maximising yields and implementation of special programmes.
The third group, chaired by Gujarat, will discuss best practices and special initiatives from different States, which can be adopted by others.
The fourth group, chaired by Maharashtra, will focus on interventions for increasing pulse production.
Performance of various schemes will also be reviewed and lessons learnt will be shared in the Conference. State and region specific problems, and preparedness for deficient monsoon rains are also likely to be in focus during the discussions.
The conference will be attended by senior officers of State agriculture departments, representatives of different Union ministries and Planning Commission, experts and scientists from ICAR, other research institutes and crop directorates. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"