Manila, Dec 18 : The Philippine government said Wednesday that it will ask the US to temporarily suspend the collection of duties for goods produced from typhoon-affected areas such as garments.
Trade Secretary Gregory L. Domingo said allowing goods produced from typhoon-hit areas to enter the US at zero duty could help rebuild the country's economy, reported Xinhua.
"What the Philippines is asking for is duty-free entry of goods to the US for a limited period of time only," said Domingo.
If Washington grants the government's request, he said the provinces of Samar and Leyte in central Philippines could attract investors.
Domingo said the Philippine government is now in talks with garment companies to put up factories in central Philippines.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"