Jammu, Nov 19 : Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Monday said there was a need to preserve the natural beauty of the state while developing tourism infrastructure.
Chairing a meeting of the tourism department here, Abdullah said: "In no way development of tourist infrastructure should interfere in the serenity and environment of tourist resorts."
The chief minister said revival of the tourism industry would "generate wide-ranging economic activities for people and help in the growth of economy". However, he added that while planning tourist facilities, maintenance and conservation of environment and ecology should be of top priority.
"People visit us for the natural beauty and scenic splendour god has bestowed on the state. It should be our prime duty to protect and preserve this novelty and speciality for the present and future generations," he said.
He added that eco-friendly tourism should be popularised and mass awareness created for conservation of the state's bio-diversity and ecology. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"