New Delhi, Jan. 14 : President Pranab Mukherjee has rejected the mercy plea of death row convict Saibanna Ningappa Natikar, who had murdered his wife and daughter.
The President''s Secretariat rejected Natikar''s mercy plea on January 4th, according to a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement.
Natikar is presently lodged in the central prison at Belgaum in Karnataka.
This is the second mercy petition that President Mukherjee has rejected after assuming office. He had in November last year rejected the mercy petition of 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks convict Ajmal Kasab, who was then hanged in Pune''s Yerwada jail.
The President has returned nine petitions including that of Mohammed Afzal Guru, who has been given death sentence for the 2001 Parliament attack, to the Home Ministry for further consideration.
The Home Ministry acts as a nodal agency for the President Secretariat for deciding on mercy petitions. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"