New Delhi, Jan 23 : Senior BJP leader L. K. Advani Wednesday said newly-elected party president Rajnath Singh's biggest responsibility would be to ensure that immoral acts are not tolerated and that the task ahead for the BJP is to be a "party with a difference".
"It is his (Rajnath's) special responsibility that there should be no compromise with anything that's not moral... BJP's task is to prove that it's a party with a difference," Advani said.
"The general elections are due in 2014 and winning elections needs an ability to bring people together, and this he (Rajnath) has in adequate measure," he added while greeting Rajnath Singh on being elected as Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president.
Advani also asked Rajnath Singh to make efforts to strengthen the party's lost base in Uttar Pradesh.
"Rajnath is from Uttar Pradesh and we should strive to regain our lost base in UP. Rajnath has focused on agricultural issues and farmers. I am sure he will take the party forward on these principles," he said.
Rajnath Singh was unanimously elected as the party president Wednesday after Nitin Gadkari opted out of a second term.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"