New Delhi, Jan. 30 : Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Rajnath Singh on Wednesday refused to comment on senior Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) ideologue M. G. Vaidya''s blog where he has said that former BJP president Nitin Gadkari was ousted due to an ''internal political conspiracy''.
"I have not read it. So, I would not like to comment on it," he told media here.
Vaidya has written in his latest blog post that ''there seems to be an internal political conspiracy over the turn of events preceding Gadkari''s resignation''.
"The way the Jethmalani father- son duo started a campaign against Gadkari sometime back, shows something. At that time, Gadkari had not even received a single notice from any of the authorities, but to the Jethmalanis, Gadkari appeared as ''kalankit'' [tainted]. But this kalank [taint] was not proved. After that, Shatrughan Sinha and Yashwant Sinha also demanded Gadkari''s resignation," Vaidya said in his blog.
"When all this was going on and I wrote it in my blog, I received a letter from Washington. The first line in that letter was ''I am saddened by your support for Gadkari''. That letter cleared my doubts and made it clear that this was an internal conspiracy against Gadkari," he added.
Rajnath Singh was formally elected as BJP president on January 23, as there was no other leader from the party who had filed his or her nomination papers. He emerged as the consensus frontrunner in the BJP presidential poll battle.
Gadkari opted out of the election process on grounds that he had to spend time addressing allegations levelled by the income tax department relating to business deals of the Purti Group of companies. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"