New Delhi, Sep 4 - The Rajya Sabha was Wednesday disrupted over missing coal-block allocation files with the BJP creating a ruckus accusing the government of a cover up.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ravi Shankar Prasad attacked Prime Minister Manmohan Singh accusing him of misleading the house.
"The PM did not speak the truth and misled the house. A fair investigation has been denied by the government," said Prasad.
Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajeev Shukla responded: "There is no question of cover up as the prime minister has made it very clear that efforts are being made to trace and retrieve each and every document."
Amidst the commotion, Deputy Chairman P. J. Kurien adjourned the house till 12:30 p. m.
The house was earlier adjourned till noon following protests by Samajwadi Party (SP) and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) members over reservation for backward classes in promotions in government jobs. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"