New Delhi, Dec. 3 : Newly appointed Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) director Ranjit Sinha on Monday denied any controversy with respect tohis appointment and said that he will work hard to uphold the prestige of the institution.
Sinha's appointment as the 25th director of the CBI was marred by controversy with the opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) questioning the manner in which the 1974 batch IPS officer was appointed by the UPA Government. Talking to media on the occasion Sinha said: "I don't think there is any controversy in respect of my appointment, I am not aware if anyone have filed any complaint against me, So far as the appointment of the CBI director is concerned, it is in the competence of the government to take a view on it."
"The citizens of India, constitutional courts, the state and central governments has reposed their faith in the CBI time and again.
And I assure you, that this bond of trust will be strengthened under my supervision," said Sinha.
Sinha, who has succeeded Amar Pratap Singh who stepped down as CBI director November 30, will head the agency for next two years. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"