Kottayam (Kerala), Jan 2 : The government would ensure that the maximum punishment was handed to those accused of raping a 23-year-old woman who died of her injuries 13 days later, Defence Minister A.K. Antony said here Wednesday.
"That incident has left all of us to hang our heads in shame; the 23-year-old girl became a victim of the worst cruelty," Antony said.
He was speaking at the 136th Mannam Jayanthi celebrations at the headquarters of the Hindu Nairs in Changanacherry near here.
"The events that we saw in Delhi and across the country in the past few days show that passion is at its height and it still continues. We will do everything to see that the maximum punishment is handed out and also see to it that the safety of women and children is given the highest priority by both state (government) and the centre," added Antony. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"