New Delhi, Feb. 7 : National Commission for Women (NCW) chairperson Mamta Sharma on Thursday lauded Delhi Police for arresting the person accused of raping a foreigner in South Delhi''s Hauz Khas area, and said that some awareness programmes should be run so that there is a change in the mindset of the people.
"See, now the arrests are taking place quickly (in cases such as these). So, if we blame the police that it is not performing its duties properly then it would be wrong. So, when the arrests are taking place I believe that there is a need for a change in the mindset and the society has to be aware. A change in the mindset is very important," she added.
Delhi Police earlier on Wednesday night arrested a party organiser for allegedly raping a Chinese woman in Delhi''s Hauz Khas area on Sunday night.
The latest development in this regard took place after the victim was taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for a medical check-up after she, along with an official from the Chinese embassy, lodged an FIR of rape was on Sunday night
On the basis of the victim''s allegations, the accused has been identified as Tarik Sheikh who is a management graduate and organises high-profile parties in the NCR area. The victim had been living in a guesthouse in the Hauz Khas area. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"