New Delhi, July 8 : Indicating that early polls seemed likely, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Monday said it was ready for snap polls, if a situation arises.
Talking to reporters after a meeting of BJP parliamentary board, party leader Ananth Kumar said the party was now in "election mode".
"Our parliamentary board has decided we are ready for snap polls," Ananth Kumar told reporters.
The BJP leader said the government's hesitation to face parliament was a signal that it was breaking down and did not enjoy the support of its allies.
"The BJP has come in the election mode. So the parliamentary board, and other committees we are going to form will work constantly," he said.
"Corruption, economic situation of the country, and the failure of the Congress-led government on every front will be our main issues in the polls," he said.
The meeting was attended by key leaders of the party, including party's poll panel chief Narendra Modi, party president Rajnath Singh, L. K. Advani, Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"