New Delhi, Dec 5 : Urging the government to reconsider its decision on foreign investment in retail, NDA convenor and Janata Dal-United (JD-U) leader Sharad Yadav Wednesday said in the Lok Sabha that the UPA may win the battle in the house but the policy would have long-term impact.
"You may win this battle... but the future generations will not pardon us," the opposition leader said ahead of the vote on foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail, betraying a hint of uneasiness about the outcome.
"You should reconsider the decision," Sharad Yadav said, while gesturing at union minister Kapil Sibal.
The JD-U leader said the opposition's intent was not to destabilise the government but press it to withdraw FDI in retail.
"If we wanted to destabilise the government, we would have supported the no confidence motion brought in by the Trinamool Congress earlier in the winter session. Now their leaders are not talking to us," said Sharad Yadav.
"We are opposing FDI to save the country... Wal-Mart is here here only for profit," he said. "This is against the poor of the country... and you are forcing it." (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"