Islamabad, Nov. 21 : Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that mobile phones are "bombs on foot", adding that the combination of mobile phones and motor cycles are a "perfect tool for terror" in Quetta.
Malik said it was due to a ban on cell phone service and motorcycles in Quetta that not a single act of terrorism could be carried out in the provincial capital during Muharram, reports The News.
Malik reiterated the need for reviewing the Anti-Terrorism Bill to pave the way for an effective legislation to deal with the menace of terrorism.
Commenting on the performance of law enforcement agencies, he said 15,262 accused including proclaimed offenders were arrested in the country this year.
In Karachi, he said, 2339 police actions were carried out in Karachi this year in which 100 outlaws were rounded up, 6 rings busted and 145 dacoits killed. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"