Islamabad, Jan 22 : Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has asked India to reconsider the suspension of the new visa regime for elderly people as the scheme was initiated to facilitate citizens of both the countries.
Malik requested Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and his Indian counterpart Sushil Kumar Shinde to reconsider the suspension of the new visa regime, saying the whole effort should not go down the drain, reports The Dawn.
People had termed the initiative as a great step forward in the direction of providing compassion to the members of divided families, especially elderly people of 65 years and above age to meet their relatives and friends.
In the first phase, the enforcement of new visa regime for elderly persons was scheduled to start from January 15. However, the Indian government had suspended the scheme, citing technical glitches only hours after officials said it began on Tuesday. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"