New Delhi, Jan 15 : Terming the gruesome act of the brutal killing and mutilation of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops as totally unacceptable and barbaric incident, External Affair Minister Salman Khurshid on Tuesday said the repeated denial and lack of proper response from Islamabad to our concerns will hamper bilateral relations.
Khurshid, while addressing a press conference here, welcomed the Prime Minister Manmohan Singh's strong message to Pakistan that there `cannot be business as usual' with it after the heinous act.
"It should not be felt that the brazen denial and lack of the proper response from the Government of Pakistan to our repeated demands regarding this incident will be ignored and our bilateral relations would be unaffected or that there will be as usual," said Khurshid.
"The government has condemned the incident in strongest possible terms and deplored the grave provocation of the Pakistan army. We have called Islamabad to carry out a proper investigation of this unacceptable action and ensure that this doesn't reoccur." He added.
Referring to yesterday's Flag Meeting between India and Pakistan at Chakan Da Bagh on the LoC, the minister said that outcome of the meeting is not satisfactory but the process is still on.
The killing of two soldiers by Pakistani troops on January 8 in Mendhar area of Jammu and Kashmir has triggered a heavy exchange of fire between the two armies ranged against each other along the volatile unresolved boundary. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"