Jammu, Dec 22 : A panel probing the custodial death of a National Conference (NC) worker last year has submitted its report to the Jammu and Kashmir government.
"Justice Bedi has submitted his inquiry report to the state law secretary. Have asked for the findings to be studied before sharing with me," Chief Minister Omar Abdullah tweeted Saturday.
The government had in November last year appointed retired Supreme Court judge H. S. Bedi to head the one-man commission to probe the death of 61-year-old Syed Mohammad Yousuf.
Yousuf was accused of accepting a bribe of Rs. 1.18 crore from two party workers, promising them ministerial berths and memberships of the legislative council.
Abdullah had Sep 29 called the three workers to his house and handed over Yousuf to the police.
Yousuf died a day later. The post-mortem report said a cardiac arrest had caused the death.
But his family alleged he was tortured at the chief minister's residence leading to his death. Abdullah has denied the charges.
The Justice Bedi panel was asked to complete the probe in six weeks but was later given an extension.(IANS)
- Rohit Verma during his fashion show
- Rohit Verma with Swati Loomba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shilpa Marigold during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rohhit Verma with Shiba during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show
- Rahul Roy, Shilpa Marigold with Rohhit Verma during Fashion designer Rohit Verma's fashion show