New Delhi, Dec 27 : The state unit of the BJP Friday said it will launch an agitation if the hike in the prices of compressed natural gas (CNG) and piped cooking gas was not rolled back.
"We demand that the hike be reversed immediately and prices of all other commodities that rose during Congress rule be brought down immediately, or we will launch an agitation," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Harsh Vardhan said.
The price of CNG in Delhi has increased to Rs. 50.10 per kg from Rs. 45.60 per kg, while PNG will now cost Rs. 29.50 per standard cubic metre of consumption up to 30 scm in two months.
For consumption above 30 scm in 60 days, the charge will be hiked to Rs. 52 per scm from the existing price of Rs. 45.24 per scm.
Harsh Vardhan said the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) promised to the people that it will curb price rise and inflation as soon as it came to power, and it was time to fulfil that promise.
Delhi will get a new government Saturday, as the AAP, which netted 28 seats - three seats less than the BJP - is being supported by the Congress with its eight seats.
The BJP emerged as the single largest party with 31 seats, but declined to form a government as it failed to reach the halfway mark - a majority - in the 70-member Delhi assembly. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"