Mumbai, Jan 8 : A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading flat in the afternoon trade Tuesday after metal and consumer durables stocks fell.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 19,681.38 points was at 19,657.90 points around 12.30 p. m. -- down 33.52 points or 0.17 percent from its previous close at
The BSE Sensex touched an intra-day high of 19,710.74 points and a low of 19,632.59 points.
The BSE midcap index was down 28.09 points, while the smallcap index was lower by 42 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was also trading flat -- down 18.75 points or 0.31 percent at 5,969.65.
In the Sensex sectoral indices, metal index was down 175.09 points, followed by consumer durables index, which was lower by 127.94 points and capital goods index which fell by 127.09 points.
In terms of gains, healthcare index was up 58.89 points, while the fast moving consumer goods index was up 50.18 points and automobile index was up 15.66 points.
Among other Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei was down 0.86 points, Hong Kong's Hang Seng was lower by 0.95 percent and China's Shanghai Composite Index was down 0.41 percent.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"