Mumbai, Dec 3 - A benchmark index for Indian equities markets Monday was trading flat, following a selling pressure in consumer durables, banks and fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 19,342.83 points, was ruling at 19,315.59 points around 1.00 p. m., down 24.31 points or 0.13 percent from its previous close at 19,339.90 points.
The index touched a high of 19,416.45 points and low of 19,273.03 points intra-day. However, the BSE midcap index was up 84.17 points, the smallcap index was higher by 76.16 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was down 8.00 points or 0.14 percent at 5,871.85 points.
The BSE consumer durables index was down 54.34 points, while the banks index was lower by 54.06 points, followed by FMCG index down 10.31 points.
However, the metals index was higher by 102.24 points, auto index was up 55.71 points and capital goods index increased by 54.62 points.
Among other Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei rose 0.13 percent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng was lower by 0.90 percent. China's Shanghai Composite Index was down 1.03 percent. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"