Shimla, Jan 11 - The Himanchal Pradesh's Shimla and Manali - prominent tourist places - Saturday woke up to a blanket of fresh snow.
Tourist spots near Shimla, such as honeymooners' paradise Kufri, Fagu and Narkanda also experienced overnight snowfall, an official of the meteorological department here told IANS.
Likewise, the Solang ski slopes, 13 km uphill from Manali, and Kalpa, 250 km from here, also witnessed snow.
The hoteliers expect tourists in large numbers this weekend.
Shimla, which saw moderate snow Friday, witnessed season's second snowfall, said the official. The minimum temperature was 0.1 degrees Celsius. Shimla last got snow Dec 22.
The snow-clad Dhauladhar ranges, forming the backdrop of the Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association venue in Dharamsala, turned more white.
"The higher reaches of Lahaul and Spiti, Kinnaur, Kullu, Sirmaur, Mandi, Shimla and Chamba districts have been experiencing moderate to heavy snowfall for the past three days, while mid and lower hills lashed with rain," the official said.
Officials said buses for towns like Rohru, Theog, Kharapathar, Chopal and Rampur on the upper side of Shimla were plying via Dhami and Basantpur as road beyond Shimla was closed due to thick snow cover. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"