Peshawar, Jan 23 : A Sikh businessman was kidnapped by unidentified armed men from outside his house in Pakistan''s Qaidabad region. Sikhs believe Rakbir Singh, a trader and shopkeeper, was kidnapped for ransom. Sikhs have decided to stage a protest in front of the Chief Minister House on Wednesday to protest the kidnapping.
The Banamarhi police have registered an FIR and started an investigation, reports The Express Tribune. Sahib Singh, a former Sikh council member said that in the past few months, Sikhs have been a frequent target for mobile phone snatchers as well.
Commenting on another incident, Singh said that robbers in Shah Qabool broke into the house of another Sikh on January 18, held the family hostage and stole Rs 1 million along with about 140 gms of gold. Peshawar is home to about 500 Sikh families who migrated from Khyber Agency and Orakzai Agency, Singh said.
There were two incidents where Sikhs were brutally killed, he said. Earlier this month, the mutilated body of a Sikh businessman was found in a gunny bag in Choura village of Jamrud tehsil, Khyber Agency. Mahinder Singh had been missing for two months before he was found dead. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"