Islamabad, Jan 1 - Pakistan government has said it is ready to hold talks with the banned terror outfit Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) Chief Hakimullah Mehsud, provided he renounces violence.
Interior Minister Rehman Malik, while interacting with reporters here Monday, said the government was ready for talks but action would be taken if the TTP continued following its path of violence, Geo News reported.
"The TTP has given no response regarding renouncing violence. When a reply is received all stakeholders will be consulted and the nation's emotions will be taken into consideration before implementing any policy regarding the TTP."
In a video message, the TTP chief said his outfit was ready to negotiate with the government but it would not surrender arms. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"