London, Jan 1 : Smelly dogs are breaking up couples and driving friends away, a new survey has revealed.
According to a study carried out by Byotrol reported on in the Daily Telegraph, more than one in 20 dog owners blame their smelly pets for ruining relationships with partners or friends, the Daily Mail reported.
On the other hand, more than half said they had not been invited to other people's houses for fear that they would bring their dogs.
While the most offensive bad odour was said to come from animals who had rolled in something nasty outdoors, other passion-killers included the smell of wet dogs, flatulence and musty ears.
In addition to the bad smell, almost a third of owners revealed that their pets' `bad habits' had put friends and family off coming to their homes.
Meanwhile, annoyed friends and relatives have objected to both the smell and the unpleasantness of stray hairs covering sofas and carpets.
According to statistics, as many as 110 out of 2,000 dog lovers said arguments over the smell of their beloved furry companion had forced them to say goodbye to a loved-one for good. (ANI)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"