Hyderabad, June 25 : A soldier from Andhra Pradesh was among the eight men of the Indian Army killed in Monday's terror attack in Srinagar.
M. Yadaiah, 28, was from Mahabubnagar district of Telangana region, officials said. He joined the army in 2003.
His body is likely to be flown into Hyderabad Wednesday. It will then be taken to his village for cremation.
Eight soldiers were killed when two militants opened fire and lobbed grenades on an army convoy on the outskirts of Srinagar.
The attack was carried out a day before a visit by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi. The Hizbul Mujahideen claimed responsibility for the attack.(IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"