New Delhi, Dec 3 : Against the backdrop of China's renewed assertiveness in the South China Sea, Indian Navy chief Admiral D. K. Joshi Monday robustly defended freedom of navigation and underlined that the force was ready to protect this country's assets in the maritime domain.
"The South China Sea is a complex issue. We are not a direct party. No territorial interest is there for us," Joshi told reporters here when asked about recent Chinese activities in the South China Sea.
Joshi also stressed that the Indian Navy will protect ONGC Videsh's investments in oil blocks off the coast of Vietnam.
"Our primary concern is freedom of navigation. The ONGC also has blocks in the South China Sea. The navy is here to protect our interests in the maritime domain," he said. (IANS)
- Tiger Shroff visit Babulnath temple for the success of film Heropanti
- Sunaina Roshan during launch of her book "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, Pinky Roshan, Sunaina Roshan, Hrithik Roshan and Ajay Mago during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan, his daughter Sunaina Roshan and actor Hrithik Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"
- Rakesh Roshan and his daughter Sunaina Roshan during launch of "To Dad, With Love"